For episode #22 of the Frictionless Innkeeper podcast series, we speak with John Smallwood, Founder and CEO of ExpressRez, a specialized and simplified voice reservations service for Inns, B&Bs and vacation rental management companies.
You can also listen to the podcast at blogtalkradio.
For many innkeepers, it can be challenging to balance day-to-day operations and be available to take all reservation calls from prospective guests. Missed calls can translate into lost revenue to competing lodging options.
John Smallwood founded ExpressRez to address this very issue – to serve as an outsourced call center for Inns and B&Bs by handling all reservations and guest inquiries. When a call is received, an ExpressRez reservation specialist answers with the B&B’s unique greeting, as if guests are speaking directly with the innkeeper, and they are immediately provided detailed information about the property on their computer screens, to be able to answer typical questions from guests.
The solution will officially launch this summer, is simple to use, and offers tremendous return-on-investment. Innkeepers only need to pay 89 cents per minute for the calls, and there’s no startup fees or long-term contracts. ExpressRez also has an easy-to-use software interface for innkeepers to provide details about their properties, and all invoices include the revenue generated each month.
In addition to booking revenue for properties, ExpressRez takes calls from current guests regarding their questions and needs during their stays. This ultimately helps to enhance the guest experience, and boost overall TripAdvisor reviews.
In this podcast, John provides more insights into the value of the ExpressRez service for innkeepers:
- John’s background in the hospitality arena. (1:08)
- How John’s Travel Outlook parent company laid the foundation for the ExpressRez call center solution for Inns. (2:17)
- How ExpressRez is different than Travel Outlook, and why it’s ideal for innkeepers. (5:01)
- Why it’s easier for innkeepers to use ExpressRez rather than taking reservation calls on their own. (7:05)
- Details about the pricing structure of ExpressRez for innkeepers. (11:43)
- Why ExpressRez can help replace the use of OTAs. (15:50)
- How ExpressRez uses an inn’s booking system for tracking ROI. (17:32)
We are very thankful to John for sharing his insights with us! You can learn more about ExpressRez by visiting their website.