For episode #31 of the Frictionless Innkeeper podcast series, we speak with Christa Freeland, an entrepreneur, former tech venture studio executive, and manager of the Founder House Austin. This is part two of our discussion with Christa, where she shares her insights into the millennial traveler.>
Much has been covered in the media about millennial travel trends, but it’s not often that you get to hear directly from an influential member of this generation. Christa Freeland is certainly on the cutting-edge of travel in her role managing the Founder House Austin’s co-working and co-living property for entrepreneurs.
As a millennial herself, Christa believes that this generation is very experiential, and they are seeking authenticity in all of their travel experiences. In addition, innkeepers should be open to seeking honest feedback from millennials, provide unique experiences, and be creative in their guest offerings.
Following are highlights from our interview:
- Christa’s perspective on overall millennial travel trends. (1:00)
- How other boutique hospitality providers should seek honest feedback from millennials. (6:47)
- Why innkeepers should focus on their unique selling propositions. (7:54)
- How millennials want unique experiences, as well as be connected with area attractions and businesses, during their stays. (11:26)
- How innkeepers should consider developing creative differentiators, and leverage technology, for their properties. (16:42)
- Why challenging times like the pandemic can be a catalyst for creativity in hospitality. (21:30)
We are very thankful to Christa for sharing her insights with us! You can learn more about the Founder House Austin here. And, please be sure to listen to part one of this podcast series, where Christa discusses how the Founder House Austin shifted into being a co-working and co-living space for entrepreneurs.